The BDA is committed to actively supporting the development of the Brisbane metro region to become one of the world’s greatest and most liveable cities.
Advocating in the policy arena is part of our agenda and in 2018 our principal policy focuses will include:
- Preparing responses to changes in acts and government priorities that directly impact the Brisbane metro
- Supporting and advocating for effective delivery and management of key development opportunities, new infrastructure and heritage and environmental protection
- Promoting and prioritising the identification and development of Brisbane’s global precincts
The BDA committee is committed to adding value to significant city-wide projects which contribute to the built and natural environment, promote the economic development of Brisbane and build and strengthen communities.
Some of the projects we are currently working on include:
- Brisbane Open House Event
We continue to lead much of the debate on the merits of urban development and government infrastructure spending and implementation.
Some of the key projects we have been involved in include:
- Lord Mayor’s Roundtable
- Brisbane City Council City Plan Review Reference Group
- Brisbane City Council Long Term Infrastructure Plan
- Queensland Government Transit Oriented Development Task Force
- South East Queensland Regional Infrastructure Plan Reference Group
We have prepared and submitted submissions on the following projects:
- North Bank Proposals
- Draft South East Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031
- Draft South East Queensland Climate Change Management Plan.
- Spring Hill Neighbourhood Plan
Brendan Christou, BDA President, recently attended the launch of Brisbane Marketing’s Global Precincts vision and strategic document. The full document can be viewed here.